The Columbus College of Art & Design (CCAD) is launching a new nine-part online lecture series, CCAD Knows Retail, featuring industry leaders sharing insights on everything from physical-world storytelling to solving the customer experience equation. Retail executives from Timberland and Bath & Body Works are among the presenters. All events are free, but registration is required.
The series kicked off Feb. 18 with “The 2020 Effect: Retail in ‘21 and Beyond,” hosted by Chuck Palmer, a retail and consumer behavior expert and owner of ConsumerX Retail. Additional sessions (all of which start at noon EST or EDT) include:
- March 4: Bevan Bloemendaal, Former VP of Global Environments and Creative Services, Timberland, presents “Whole-Brained: The Value of the Journey;”
- March 18: Lee Peterson, EVP of Thought Leadership & Marketing at WD Partners, presents, “The store of the future is not a store;”
- April 1: “The Power of Experience” with Jennifer Peterson, Chief Executive at Easton at Steiner + Associates;
- April 15: “Emotionally Compelling Storytelling in the Physical World & Why Bigger Definitely Isn’t Better” with innovation retail executive Ed Hofmann;
- April 29: “Creating places for people,” with Brian Bernstein, Principal at REALM Collective;
- May 13: “The Importance of REALLY Knowing Your Customer,” with Tom Ramsey, CMO at Bath & Body Works; and
- May 27: “The 4 Equations of CX (Customer Experience), No Math Required,” with Dave Cherry, Principal and Executive Advisor at Cherry Advisory.
The CCAD Knows Retail lecture series features industry experts who serve on the Advisory Board for CCAD’s soon-to-launch Master of Professional Studies in Retail Design. The new program, which is expected to launch later this year, is currently pending Higher Learning Commission approval.
To learn more about the CCAD Knows Retail series, which continues through June 10, 2021, and to register to attend, visit ccad.edu/ccadknowsretail.