Retail Store Tours is once again partnering with the National Retail Federation (NRF) to lead guided tours at NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show, January 12-14, 2020. Participants will be able to choose from a number of tour options, each highlighting a different aspect of New York City’s bustling retail scene:
- Hudson Yards: The State of Excellence. This tour will visit Hudson Yards, the largest private real estate development in the U.S., to explore five trends that are driving successful retail: Elegant Innovation, Discovering Innovative Retail Models, Retail as An Experience Destination, Experiences That Inspire Shopping and Out-Of-The-Box Retail;
- Oculus: A Tour for the Senses. Participants will see how the largest malls in Manhattan, Westfield World Trade Center and Brookfield Place, are transforming downtown shopping with locations ranging from pop-ups to flagship stores, plus concepts from both iconic retailers and e-Commerce pure plays that have transitioned to brick-and-mortar;
- SoHo: Innovation & Reinvention. SoHo’s cobblestoned streets and loft-like spaces make it one of New York City’s prime shopping destinations for brands both new and old, and this tour will highlight both visionary business innovators and savvy re-inventors; and
- Iconic Retailers. This tour will visit some of the city’s most established retailers in the Midtown shopping district, to learn about their latest innovations in store design and experience store innovation, tech, store concepts, merchandising and how these brands see the drive for sustainability.
Each guided tour will tell a specific story, beginning with a narrative presentation that introduces the themes of the tour. The leaders are all bonafide retail experts recruited by Retail Store Tours and NRF for their knowledge and experience:
- Shelley E. Kohan, a retail pundit and Founder and CEO of her own strategic consulting business, as well as a tenured professor at Fashion Institute of Technology in the Jay and Patty Baker School of Business and Technology;
- Steve McDermott, a brand expert and Co-Founder of boutique marketing agency Gr0wth Dr1vers;
- Frank O. Zimmermann, an e-Commerce guru and the Global Head of Partnerships at Nosto, where he uses AI to customize online retail;
- John Kidd, a retail technology expert who spent 18 years at Best Buy, including as a strategic advisor in the field of retail automation, and currently serves as the Principal of NBTK Consulting;
- Dan Hodges, CEO of Retail Store Tours, a leading business futurist who also helped launch Discovery Communications’ on-demand service and reimagined mobile advertising at Nokia; and
- Matthew Quint, Director of Columbia Business School’s Center on Global Brand Leadership, where he directs the Center on Global Brand Leadership at the Columbia Business School.
The two-hour tours will each visit four or five curated locations. Participants will enjoy a behind-the-scenes walkaround followed by a Q&A session with one of that retailer’s senior executives. Retailers interested in joining a Retail Store Tour at NRF 2020 can check here for further information.