Retail Store Tours, a division of Consumers In Motion (CIM) Tours, is launching Retail Store Tours China in Shanghai. The tours will include retailers including the Starbucks Roastery, hosted by the location’s architects; Shui On Xintiandi, the first female-only themed shopping center; and innovative stores at Huaihai Middle Road and other areas.
The tours will highlight that China has a thriving brick-and-mortar retail segment along with its well-known emphasis on e-Commerce. Online accounts for less than 20% of the country’s retail sales, according to the Ministry of Commerce.
Retail Store Tours used six key factors to select the brands explored on its journey:
- The Human Touch: Hiring associates based on kindness and evaluating them based on customer empathy;
- Employee Training: Constantly training employees to improve their knowledge and skills;
- Use of Technology: Implementing modern tools that interact with shoppers in-store;
- Business Models: Retailers that put a focus on personalization and customization are of particular interest;
- Store Design: Looking at stores with minimalist design and a high engagement environment; and
- Customer Management: Empowering associates to improve the personal touch.
Retail Store Tours also launched a European experience in Barcelona earlier this year that explores brands including Desigual, Mango, El Corte Ingles and Inditex. The company’s U.S. destinations include New York City, where 92 attendees at the 2019 Retail Innovation Conference received a guided tour of Hudson Yards, a trendy, modern take on the classic shopping center.