More than 66% of retailers recently surveyed have added significant new executive roles in the last three years, and another 9% are planning to, according to the Impact Of New Retail Roles survey, conducted by Retail TouchPoints in March 2017. Close to 200 executives took the survey.
The full results of the survey will be released during the Retail Innovation Conference, May 8-10 in New York City. Vicki Cantrell, retail strategist and former NRF executive, will join Debbie Hauss, Editor-in-Chief of Retail TouchPoints, to discuss the results during a session on May 10.
Some of the key topics addressed in the survey include:
- Top drivers behind adding new retail roles;
- Types of new roles added;
- Growth of collaboration between business units; and
- Business impact of new retail roles.
Survey respondents represent a cross-section of company revenue, dispersed between less than $50 million to more than $5 billion. All types of verticals are represented in the survey, including Specialty Hardgoods and Softgoods, Big Box, Department Stores, Supermarket/Grocery, Electronics and more.
Don’t Miss The Retail Innovation Conference
The Retail Innovation Conference features two full days of content and networking, including the annual Retail Innovator Awards ceremony. Additionally, Store Tours and a Charity Event will take place at the Westfield World Trade Center on Monday, May 8.
Here is a look at just a few highlights of the event:
- Strategy-focused sessions featuring execs from Moosejaw, Jet.com, Walgreens, Fabletics, J. Crew, Shinola, Neiman Marcus, TUMI and many more!
- Keynote with award-winning author Bryan Eisenberg, who will share insights into the Amazon playbook.
- Retail Innovator Awards presented to execs from Walmart, Under Armour, Macy’s, Godiva and more.
- Fantastic networking during breaks, meals and cocktail hours hosted by celebrity chef Tom Colicchio’s Riverpark restaurant.