Streaming services have disrupted traditional TV advertising as we know it. Gone are the days when brands and retailers could push messaging via commercial spots and see revenue roll in. With more households bingeing on Netflix, Hulu and Apple+ content, companies need a more contextual way to reach and influence consumers. Laura and Hank Frecon started Source Digital as a result of Laura’s work as a costume designer for shows like “Mad Men.” She wanted to find a better, more organic way to connect viewers to the products featured in specific scenes. Now, the company is helping usher in a new era of “contextual commerce” and driving innovation in one of advertising’s most renowned channels. During this episode, Laura and Hank share:
- What “contextual commerce” is;
- How it’s evolving and advancing as a result of COVID-19;
- Applications and use cases for different product categories; and
- How “contextual commerce will impact media buying and marketing strategy.
- Learn more about Source Digital