It’s easy to see why Retail TouchPoints and RetailX chose “The Big Acceleration” as the theme for the 6th annual Retail Innovation Conference (#RIC20), being held virtually Oct. 13-14. That’s because the coronavirus pandemic has, for better or worse, dramatically sped up a number of long-brewing retail trends.
Ecommerce growth that wasn’t forecasted to reach fruition for five years happened in approximately five months. In brick-and-mortar stores, experiential retail has given way, at least temporarily, to more hygienic “contactless” retail. Brands are scrambling to establish customer loyalty with new shoppers, while ramping up personalization efforts to hold on to existing ones.
“RIC20 is hyper-focused on helping retailers accelerate their innovation initiatives in order to survive, and thrive, during and beyond COVID-19,” said Debbie Hauss, Executive Director of Content, Retail TouchPoints. “Attendees will hear from top retail executives who will share their experiences with drones, Progressive Web Apps, AR, AI, BOPIS and so much more. It really is ‘the’ must-attend retail event of the fall.”
RIC20 will offer attendees multiple ways to ride the “Big Acceleration” rather than get run over by it, including:
- Keynote speaker Frans Johansson of The Medici Group, revealing why diversity and inclusion, formerly considered “nice-to-have” organizational elements, are now imperative to a retailer’s ability to drive innovation and recruit a pool of top-notch talent;
- Three Startup Innovation Labs, led by experts from Coresight Research, Sally Beauty, Curlanistas and XnFinity-XNFY Lab;
- The 7th annual Retail Innovator Awards, with 10 winners chosen from 130+ nominations in categories including Machine Learning, Personalization, Marketing, Sustainability Innovation and Crisis Management;
- Retail executive speakers from industry leaders such as eBay, Walgreens, The Vitamin Shoppe, Party City, Verizon and Kroger, along with innovative “younger” firms such as The Groomsman Suit, SHESPOKE, UnoDe50, Purple, ThirdLove and Swiminista; and
- Industry experts from firms including Forrester Research, Intel, Pinterest, Publicis Sapient, Columbus Consulting and Bloomberg Intelligence.
There are also six tracks of curated content for more in-depth dives and revealing case studies:
- Business Agility
- Digital Commerce
- E-Commerce Optimization
- Experiential Initiatives
- Omnichannel Fulfillment
- Touchless Retail
Opportunities for attendee interaction include Lunch & Learn sessions, live small-group roundtable discussions, and a Virtual Happy Hour on Oct. 13 at 5:45 pm (ET).
There’s still time to register and attend this year’s exciting RIC20 — and you don’t even have to leave your (home) office to do it.