The entire retail industry has been impacted by the “big acceleration” to ecommerce, but the grocery sector is experiencing some of the most significant changes.
Just one year ago, 81% of consumers never bought groceries online, but during the pandemic nearly 79% of shoppers did so. Moreover, U.S. online grocery sales surged to $7.2 billion in June 2020, up from a mere $1.2 billion the year before. As a result, we’ve seen grocery brands pivot their focus to digital capabilities and the omnichannel experience.
This Hit List spotlights the grocery brands that have capitalized on new digital opportunities by investing in:
- Digital-physical integration in stores;
- Mobile app experiences and loyalty integration;
- Social engagement and content marketing;
- Omnichannel fulfillment tech and capabilities; and
- Frictionless last mile experiences.
Download the Hit List to see which brands rose to the top!