The Augmented Reality for Enterprise Alliance (AREA), a global non-profit, member-based organization dedicated to widespread adoption of interoperable AR-enabled enterprise systems, has added nine new member companies.
The new members come from various parts of the AR ecosystem. They include app developers, interaction technology providers, manufacturing solutions providers, AR wearables manufacturers and vertical industry solutions providers.
Five new contributing members include:
- Crunchfish, a software developer for mobile and wearable devices;
- Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), a digital manufacturing, robotics and additive manufacturing solutions provider;
- Mobiliya, a global engineering and design services company;
- Proceedix, an SaaS-based solution provider for work procedure management; and
- RealWear, an industrial wearable technology provider.
The AREA also added four members at its recently announced startup level of membership:
- CrossComm, a mobile, web and immersive app studio exploring applications of AR;
- EyeSucceed, a technology company seeking to bridge AR and wearable technology in the food industry;
- Iristick, a designer and manufacturer of smart glasses; and
- Pison, a developer of wearable devices with sensors designed to control smart glasses and robotics.
The alliance is designed to support innovative companies pursuing AR initiatives that need a better understanding of the tools available, application possibilities, methods of implementation and ROI. Additionally, the organization provides a free and open exchange of best practices, lessons learned and technological insights that can help enterprises effectively implement AR technology, boost operational efficiency and create long-term benefits.
Membership benefits include:
- Access to high-quality, vendor-neutral content;
- Participation in various programs;
- A research framework to address key challenges shared by all members; and
- Discounts for fee-based events.