Is the shift to digital a one-way street, or will ecommerce go back to how it operated before the pandemic? Which categories will be able to capitalize on new or accelerated digital behaviors?
During this discussion, initially aired as part of Retail TouchPoints’ Retail ThinkTank hub, host Alicia Esposito sits down with Rick Watson, Founder and CEO of RMW Commerce Consulting, to discuss what is fueling innovation in once-laggard categories like digital, advertising, social and marketplaces.
Get Rick’s hot takes on the trends and tech he believes will lead the ecommerce industry moving forward, as well as his thoughts on:
- The transformation happening in the grocery, beauty, furniture and home industries;
- Why brands like Facebook and TikTok have invested in AR tools — and what that means for social commerce;
- Why brands like PepsiCo and e.l.f. Cosmetics are building out their own DTC experiences;
- The implications of privacy struggles between iOS and Facebook — and other key players — on the retail industry; and
- Why advertising is one of the hottest growing business models online now.